I have always been drawn to cozy books that reflect the joy and warmth of friendship, home, and hearth. Even as a child, they were the books that drew me back time and again. It is always a happy day when I discover a new favorite book that fits into this category.
Because of that love for these books, I wanted to assemble a collection of the best cozy books I could share with others.
Homeschooling with Cozy Books
This was originally a series called A Month of Cozy Books that I wrote for a month-long blogging challenge many years ago. Since then I’ve continued to add books.
Now that I have an emphasis on my website for creating a cozy life of peace, understanding, and joy for you and your loved ones, I’m ready to expand this even more.
So in addition to the collection of some of my favorite cozy picture books and chapter books for children that I’ve already included, I have many more picture books and chapter books I will be adding in the days ahead.
As you go through the books I’ve recommended, I hope you will find some wonderful new treasures to share with the children in your life.
To see all of the posts, you can go to the Homeschooling with Cozy Books category where you will find all of the books that have been added to this wonderful collection. Or you can select individual books below to click on directly.
I am slowly adding homeschool learning suggestions to each of these posts. All books I add to the list will have activities. The posts that have activity ideas included are indicated below.
Cozy Picture Books
- A Family for Old Mill Farm
- A Little Book of Poems and Prayers
- An Early American Christmas
- Antler, Bear, Canoe – A Northwoods Alphabet Year
- Apple Farmer Annie
- Autumn: An Alphabet Acrostic
- Brave Irene
- Bunny Bungalow
- Bunny’s Book Club
- Christmas in the Country
- County Fair (with activities)
- Cranberry Thanksgiving (with activities)
- Don’t You Feel Well, Sam?
- Eloise Wilkin Stories
- Gathering – A Northwoods Counting Year
- Good Night, Little Bear
- Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush
- Home in the Woods
- In Aunt Lucy’s Kitchen
- Kiss Good Night
- Little Bear’s Trousers
- Little Mommy
- Market Day
- Mice Skating
- Miss Suzy
- Old Bear
- One Red Apple
- Ox-Cart Man (with activities)
- Potato: A Tale from the Great Depression
- Sleep Tight Farm
- Snowed In
- The After-Christmas Tree
- The Empty Pot (with activities)
- The Little House
- The Year at Maple Hill Farm
- This Is The Feast (with activities)
- Three Young Pilgrims (with activities)
- Two Little Gardeners
- Winter Days in the Big Woods
- You Can Do It, Sam