Updated December 23, 2019.
I do my best to keep this up-to-date. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Also edited to add that this entire GDPR thing was very stressful for bloggers so I decided to have fun with it while attempting to comply as best as I understand it. So please understand that this is meant to be both informational and humorous.
The information available to small time bloggers is so difficult to understand and so contradictory that no average blogger can possibly understand half of it.
So below I am going to paste in something offered by MailerLite (my email subscription service provider at the time but not currently), try to fill in the details, and hope that this will appease the overreaching EU bureaucracy WHO HAS NO AUTHORITY OVER ME AS A U.S. CITIZEN in the off chance someone decides that some homeschooling mom in the Midwest needs to be sued for $20 million.
And I also added a cookie acceptance plugin that now shows up at the bottom of my site.
The Really Big Stuff to Get Out of the Way
First, the most important disclaimers. I know they are important because fancy lawyers always make sure these are included everywhere.
- The information on this blog is meant for the sole viewership of friends and acquaintances of Sallie Ann Borrink.
- Batteries not included.
- Your actual mileage may vary.
- Not recommended for children under the age of 3.
- Part of a complete breakfast.
- Store at room temperature.
- Do not attempt this at home.
- May contain an occasional pit.
- Tag may only be removed by consumer.
- Some assembly required.
- Do not use if seal is broken or missing.
- Taxes and destination charges not included.
- Use only as directed.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Must take delivery from dealer stock by June 30.
- Duplicate entries will not be honored.
- Subject to dealer participation.
- Do not use while operating heavy machinery.
- Some restrictions may apply.
- Choking hazard: contains small parts.
- Winners must sign affidavit of eligibility.
- Void where prohibited.
- Not redeemable for cash.
- May cause irritation – consult your doctor.
- If you are pregnant or nursing a baby, you do not need to seek the advice of a health professional before using this product.
- Not for resale.
- Activation charges may apply.
- Not responsible for items left in vehicle.
- The Surgeon General has determined that laboratory rats are born with cancer.
- Unlimited use per household.
The Important Stuff I’m Going to Include Because MailerLite is in the EU and Has Fancy Lawyers So They Must Know More Than Me, A PROUD CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, with No Budget for Lawyers Because I’m Busy Trying to Homeschool My Daughter and Make a Living So I am a Productive Member of Society
Sallie Borrink, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, and my contact information can be found here;
The Information I Collect and How I Use It:
- If you sign up to receive my newsletter, I collect whatever real or fake name you provide and the email address that you provide. I also have access to your IP address and it gets recorded in my system.
- If you purchase something in my printables shop, I collect whatever real or fake name you provide and your email address so I can send you your materials. All payments go through PayPal so I know nothing of your financials. I also have access to your IP address and it gets recorded in my system.
- If you purchase something in my shop, there is a menu of selections regarding how you ended up on my site to purchase the item. I see that piece of information as it comes through in a sale notification email and it makes me happy to know how people got here. That’s it. I don’t have enough time to keep track of it beyond that.
- I use your information to send you the newsletters and posts you sign up for
to look for trolls in my forum so I can delete them,and to send you products that you request from me.
- I use ads and utilize whatever tracking means they use. I
- If you sign up to participate in my forum, I collect whatever real or fake name you provide and your email address. I also have access to your IP address and it gets recorded in my system.
I’m a reasonable person who respects your privacy. You are free to opt out at any time. Do any of the following.
- Simply unsubscribe from my newsletter using the unsubscribe button on the bottom of every single one.
- If you want me to delete something you’ve written in my forum, let me know.
- If you want me to delete your purchases from my store, let me know.
- If you want me to delete your comments on my posts and/or pages, let me know.
- You have a right to have your information deleted and I am more than happy to do so if you contact me.
I use several third-party services to keep this site up and running. They all have their ways of storing your data and since they all have a team of lawyers, I’m fairly confident they know what they are doing. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. If I can come up with any others, I’ll list them here. If you think I’ve missed one, please contact me.
- Amazon Affiliates
- Google Adsense
- Amazon Publishing Services (for ads)
More Fancy Wording I Think I Should Include
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Sallie Borrink may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 9, 2018.
Fancy Wording Provided by WordPress
“When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.”
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
That’s All Folks!
That’s all I’ve got. If you think I missed something important, please let me know. If you want more detailed information, please let me know.