My mom gave me a subscription to Taste of Home’s Cooking for 2 magazine. I’ve received three issues and they really do have a lot of great recipes. I tried this recipe for Mandarin Chicken Coleslaw a couple of weeks ago because it sounded like something David would especially like. And he did. I added a bit more of everything since this was our meal. I also used Almond Accents since I had those instead of chopped almonds.
Mandarin Chicken Coleslaw
- 1 and 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 snack-sized cup (4 oz) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup Asian sesame with ginger salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw, chicken, oranges, and almonds.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.