I found this recipe for corn and black bean salad on one of those clear produce bags at the store. I strongly dislike cilantro, but we like everything else so I decided to give it a try (minus the cilantro). It was very good. It wasn’t what I expected, but David and both liked it and we will make it again.
Corn and Black Bean Salad
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, cooked and drained
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and mix well.
- Serve at room temperature as a side dish or over warm tortilla wedges as an appetizer.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.
What is cilantro?
It’s an herb often found in Mexican recipes but is used in other kinds dishes as well. I really like the flavor as long as it is not too strong.