This apple and beef bean bake recipe originated from a cookbook, but I’ve tweaked it quite a bit. The recipe below reflects that I increased the amount of baked beans by using larger cans. I also add a little more of the last five items beyond what is written below. This is a forgiving recipe so you can adjust the various amounts to your taste preference. I serve this with the Golden Sweet Cornbread and it is such a great combination.
Apple and Beef Bean Bake
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans Bush’s Homestyle flavor baked beans (28 ounces each)
- 3 medium tart apples, diced (I use Granny Smith)
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Turn into large bowl.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the bowl with the beef and onions. Transfer to a greased 3-qt baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!