I believe I found this recipe for golden sweet cornbread on allrecipes.com while looking for a good basic sweet cornbread. This is my favorite one! When I make it, I bake it in a glass 13×9 dish for about 15 minutes. I like it better that way.
Golden Sweet Cornbread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.