Banana Grape-Nuts Bread is my absolute favorite banana bread recipe that goes all the way back to my childhood. Whenever I share this with other people, they always like it. The Grape-Nuts add a nice nutty flavor and texture. I also like the way the crust sets up on it. Make it even better by spreading it with butter. Yum!
Banana Grape-Nuts Bread
- 1 & 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 Tbsp shortening, melted
- 1 cup mashed banana
- Mix flour with sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in cereal.
- Blend milk with bananas, egg, and shortening.
- Add flour mixture, stirring just until all flour is moistened.
- Pour into greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.
Leave a Reply