When I first came online, I found a wonderful site called Stephanie’s Country Kitchen Goodness. It very sadly no longer exists. This is one of my favorite recipes from her site.
I love chocolate and I love the flavor of sour cream. These are so moist you really have to eat them with a fork! I especially appreciate them because they freeze wonderfully and thaw/warm up well in the microwave on high for about 20 seconds.
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, sour cream and egg; mix well.
- Stir in baking soda and baking powder.
- Add flour and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined or greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until done. Cool.
Makes 1 dozen.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my Creating a Cozy Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.