Lemon is such a wonderful flavor. This Lemon Lover’s Coffee Cake is a yummy dessert or brunch treat you will love. My mom originally made this for us and I immediately added it to my recipe box for future use.
If you like lemon, you will love this. The lemon curd adds so much flavor so I encourage you to splurge a little bit in order to make this delicious lemon coffee cake.
Lemon Lover’s Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 (10 oz.) jar lemon curd
- 1 cup confectioners powdered sugar
- 5-6 tsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 baking pan with shortening.
- Beat sugar, butter, lemon peel, baking powder, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until blended. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally (mixture will look curdled). Stir in flour.
- Spread in pan. Spoon lemon curd by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls about 3/4 inch apart onto batter.
- Bake 23 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm coffee cake.
- Serve warm or cool.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.