Granola is one of our favorite foods for any time of the day. I discovered this particular recipe in a magazine and I like it because it is a quick granola to throw together. The ingredients are simple and easy to assemble.
We found the granola a little too sweet the first time I made it so I cut back on the brown sugar the next time. The recipe below is the original. You can adjust it to your family’s own taste. I usually use pecans instead of almonds because they are my favorite nut. But the cranberry and almond combination is always a winner as well.
Simple Granola with Cranberries & Almonds
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 & ½ cups sliced almonds
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 & ½ cups dried cranberries (or raisins) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, almonds, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan, warm the oil and honey. Whisk or stir in vanilla.
- Carefully pour liquid over oat mixture. Stir gently with a wooden spoon.
- Spread granola in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake 40 minutes, stirring carefully every 10 minutes.
- Transfer granola-filled pan to a rack; cool completely.
- Stir in dried cranberries.
- Seal granola in an airtight container or self-sealing plastic bags. Store at room temperature for 1 week or in freezer for 3 months.
- Makes 9 cups (24 servings).
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!