I believe this is a Country Woman magazine recipe I found on a discussion board somewhere. I made them for the first time a few weeks ago and they are YUMMY. Pecan pie is one of my favorite desserts ever and these just about meet that craving.
I think the next time I make them I will add a touch of salt and vanilla. Most baking tastes better with at least a tiny bit of salt.
These muffins are even better the second day and freeze well. Enjoy!
Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 2 eggs
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and pecans; set aside.
- Combine butter and eggs in bowl; mix well.
- Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased and floured miniature muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Remove immediately to cool on wire racks.
If you need forms and printables to help you with your meal planning and shopping, don’t miss these I created:
About Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes
These are recipes I have enjoyed throughout my life – as a child, as a young woman, and now as a wife and mom. I am sharing them because they taste good and are relatively easy to make. They only require basic ingredients that most women will be able to easily find and afford. I encourage you to use the best ingredients your can afford for the best results. It really does make a tremendous difference in the quality of the final product.
For example, I only use King Arthur Unbleached Flour for regular baking. After some inexplicable failed results at long-time favorites, I no longer use store brand butter for any baking. I only use Land O’Lakes. The difference is substantial and can mean the difference between a high quality end product and a mess.
And, please, if you do try one of my recipes and like it, come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Categories: Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes
Latest posts by Sallie Borrink (see all)
- The Life Lessons of Warren Wiersbe, Rachel Held Evans, and Those Falling Away by Deconstructing Their Faith - August 17, 2019
- Free Squirrels Word Search Printable - August 14, 2019
- Christ-Centered Homeschool Science In-Person Lab Intensives - August 13, 2019
- Free Printable Back to Homeschool Word Search - August 12, 2019