Teachers and parents who used this pumpkins unit said:
- The pictures are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for including different options for using the posters and books. The activities are excellent. Thank you so much!
- This was great for our 2nd grade classroom!
- Great resource-very complete
Pumpkins Life Cycles Craft
This three-dimensional craft features the pumpkin life cycle. Included are detailed instructions with illustrations and photos to make assembly a snap!
Full Color Posters, Big Book, and Student Book
The information is provided in three different formats.
- There are gorgeous full-color posters to put on the wall for reference during the unit.
- The same posters are set up for printing and making a big book to read to the class and make available to the students. (This can be done in comb binding or a three-ring binder.)
- There is also a smaller full-color student version for reading instruction. If you prefer a black and white line art student book, the same content is available in that format with clip art for coloring.
Word Wall Cards and Spelling Ring
Important terms and words are illustrated with gorgeous photos. Use the cards on your word wall or laminate and put on a ring for reference at your writing center.
The life cycle of a pumpkin is illustrated in a poster. It is provided two ways.
- Life Cycle of a Pumpkin – Color Poster
- Life Cycle of a Pumpkin – Line art for students
Pumpkin Print and Go Printables
This section includes over 30 different activities. The design is fun, but also easy to read to make them user-friendly for all students.
- Pumpkins KWL
- Parts of a Pumpkin – Inside – Cut and glue labels
- Parts of a Pumpkin – Outside – Cut and glue labels
- Pumpkin Words – Trace and connect to picture
- All About Pumpkins – Complete the sentences with words from the word bank
- Pumpkin Facts – Write a fact about pumpkins in each circle
- Pumpkin Fact or Opinion – Cut and glue
- How a Pumpkin Grows – Illustrate the stages of the pumpkin life cycle
- From Seed to Pumpkins – Read the information and answer the questions
- The Pumpkin Patch – Read the information and answer the questions
- My Pumpkin Observation – Observe the inside and outside of pumpkin and record
- Happy or Scary? – Create graph of responses as to favorite kind of jack-o-lantern
- How do you like your pumpkin best? – Create graph of responses as to favorite kind of pumpkin food
- Pumpkins and Watermelons Venn Diagram
- Pumpkin ABC Order – Write nine words in ABC order.
- My Visit to the Pumpkin Patch – Write four sentences and illustrate (first, then, next, finally).
- Pumpkin Patch Acrostic – Illustrate a pumpkin patch and write words to describe it
- Making Pumpkin Pie – Write the order using the four sentences in the sentence bank
- How to Make a Pumpkin Pie – Put the steps in order by numbering from one to eight
- How to Make a Jack-o-Lantern – Put the steps in order by numbering from one to eight
- Hiding in the Pumpkin Patch – Story starter writing activity
- Choosing a Pumpkin – Story starter writing activity
- The Purple Pumpkin Seeds – Story starter writing activity
- My Pumpkin Patch (boy illustration) – Writing activity
- My Pumpkin Patch (girl illustration) – Writing activity
- When My Jack-O-Lantern Came to Life (happy) – Story starter writing activity
- When My Jack-O-Lantern Came to Life (scary) – Story starter writing activity
- Grandma’s Pumpkin – Story starter writing activity
- Reading Response – Illustrate beginning, middle, end and my favorite part
- A Story Map – Write and illustrate title, author, characters, setting, beginning, middle, end
- How to Make a Pumpkin Pie – Illustrate six steps
- How to Make a Jack-o-Lantern – Illustrate six steps
- Pumpkin List It! – Write one pumpkin word for every letter of the alphabet
- Pumpkin Patch – How many words can you make from “Pumpkin Patch”?
- Jack-o-Lantern – How many words can you make from “Jack-o-Lantern”?