Welcome! I am so glad you are here!
What do you long for? Do you long for a quiet, simple life? What about a cozy life? And by cozy, I don’t mean full of blankets and hot cocoa.
I mean a life that brings peace, understanding, and joy to you and your loved ones.
Cozy living is what I call the coming together of purposeful living, simple living, and faithful living.
- Purposeful Living – We make purposeful choices rather than going with the flow, even if it means being different from the crowd.
- Simple Living – We include only those things in our life that bring real value.
- Faithful Living – We make choices that align with our faith and core beliefs.
Cozy living is living simply and purposefully according to our deeply held beliefs.
When we choose cozy living we bring peace, understanding, and joy to our homes.
If this sounds like you, then welcome! You are in the right place. I help people cultivate a cozy home, a haven of rest and growth.
Make sure you read the rest below so we can get better acquainted, but I want to make sure you know that I have a wonderful free Cozy Life Library that I want to send to you if you subscribe at the end of this page.
My degree is in Elementary Education, but my passion has always been writing and helping others find answers to their questions and problems. This site is full of stories from my own life related to my quest for a quiet and simple life, ideas for how to bring cozy to your home, and thoughts on how to make big decisions in every part of life.
This website is my home online and where I devote my time.
After much trial and error with social media, I made the choice to base my interactions here where I can truly get to know people.
So I welcome conversations in the comments of my posts (no matter how old they are!) and do my best to respond to them in a timely manner. Many of my popular posts have excellent comment threads so don’t miss those!
I have created this website to be a beautiful, restful place and I hope you find it so.
Other miscellaneous things to know about me…
- I love to sit by the fireplace and read. It is my happy place.
- Recovering perfectionist
- Saved by Jesus
- I‘m a Tri Delta (who fits none of the sorority stereotypes!)
- I like old-fashioned things and so I’m a reader of Grace Livingston Hill (Some of my favorites are The Christmas Bride, The Prodigal Girl, The Substitute Guest, Beauty for Ashes, April Gold, and The Honor Girl.)
- I have Eosinophlic Esophagitis which has radically changed my life.
David and I met online via AOL back in the days when no one knew anyone who had married someone they met online. We met and married in nine months to the shock of many. Twenty-one years later we’re still best friends and happily married. Not only that, we like each other enough to work together from home. 😀
Caroline is twelve years old and every bone in her body is filled with creativity and imagination. She especially enjoys painting, drawing, and computer games that allow her to use her creative skills. We’ve progressed through an interesting journey with her as an only child, high need infant, highly-sensitive and spirited child, and now understanding after two rounds of testing (round one and round two) that she is a twice-exceptional gifted child.
My Homeschool Philosophy
I taught in a variety of schools including private, Christian, Classical Christian, and charter. My educational philosophy has
evolved a great deal radically changed, especially since becoming a mother to the creative, right brained child I have. Our homeschool approach is some form of parent-influenced, interest-led, collaborative relaxed homeschooling that borders on (but isn’t quite) unschooling.
My Printables Shop
Does it seem weird that we’re very relaxed homeschoolers and yet I love to create learning printables? Not really. At least not to me. Children and families learn many different ways. We do what works in our home for our daughter, but I know that other families need to do something very different. Often that includes more traditional type learning materials.
Because I enjoy creating these materials, I have an extensive shop full of fun learning materials that are especially grouped around themes. Thematic learning is a powerful way for children to learn. (Some people call thematic learning unit studies. I use both terms.)
What Can I Help You With First?
There is so much here and I’d like to help you find what you need!
First, I encourage your to subscribe to my site using the form below. If you would like more information about what to expect when you subscribe, I detail that here.
The big sections of my site are broken down by the following categories. There are also many navigation options in the site header menu and the custom sidebars of each main category.
- Cozy & Simple Living
- Christian Faith
- Parenting and Family
- Gifted and 2e Children
- Blogging Tips
- Learning Activities, Worksheets, and Printables
- My Printables Shop
- Homeschool Planners and Editable Planners
I hope you find a great deal to encourage you!
Latest posts by Sallie Borrink (see all)
- AQSL 005: Bringing Peace to Your Life and Home - August 24, 2019
- A Day in Our Cozy Life #4 - August 23, 2019
- The Life Lessons of Warren Wiersbe, Rachel Held Evans, and Those Falling Away by Deconstructing Their Faith - August 17, 2019
- Free Squirrels Word Search Printable - August 14, 2019