I found this recipe in the book (Electric Bread) that came with my bread machine. It is a good light wheat bread with almost no wheat taste. My favorite way to eat it is toasted and then spread with honey butter (see recipe at the end). So delicious!
Honey Wheat Bread for Bread Machines
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 cups white bread flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bread flour
- 1 tbsp dry milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 and 1/2 tsp active dry yeast (use 1 tsp if you are using rapid rise yeast)
- Add the ingredients to your bread machine according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- This recipe can be made with the regular, rapid, or delayed time bake cycles.
This is absolutely delicious melted on toast!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients together by hand.
- Store in refrigerator.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.