There are two recipes I make most often in my bread machine.The first is a Honey Wheat. This is the other.
I found this in the recipe book that came with my bread machine, Electric Bread. It is a delicious, fragrant bread. Just smelling it while it is baking is worth the time alone! It makes great sandwiches or accompaniment to soup. I think it would also make great croutons, but I haven’t got around to trying that yet.
Garden Herb Bread for Bread Machine
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups white bread flour
- 1 tbsp dry milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chives
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp active dry yeast (use 1 tsp yeast if using fast rise)
- Place the ingredients into your bread machine according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- All herbs used should be dried and flaked, not ground.
- This makes a regular sized loaf and can be made using the regular, rapid, or delayed time bake cycles.
If you need forms and printables to help you with your meal planning and shopping, don’t miss these I created:
About Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes
These are recipes I have enjoyed throughout my life – as a child, as a young woman, and now as a wife and mom. I am sharing them because they taste good and are relatively easy to make. They only require basic ingredients that most women will be able to easily find and afford. I encourage you to use the best ingredients your can afford for the best results. It really does make a tremendous difference in the quality of the final product.
For example, I only use King Arthur Unbleached Flour for regular baking. After some inexplicable failed results at long-time favorites, I no longer use store brand butter for any baking. I only use Land O’Lakes. The difference is substantial and can mean the difference between a high quality end product and a mess.
And, please, if you do try one of my recipes and like it, come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Categories: Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes
Latest posts by Sallie Borrink (see all)
- The Life Lessons of Warren Wiersbe, Rachel Held Evans, and Those Falling Away by Deconstructing Their Faith - August 17, 2019
- Free Squirrels Word Search Printable - August 14, 2019
- Christ-Centered Homeschool Science In-Person Lab Intensives - August 13, 2019
- Free Printable Back to Homeschool Word Search - August 12, 2019