I found this recipe online while searching for a salmon recipe for grilling that used fresh rosemary. Rosemary is a favorite ingredient of mine and I have some in my garden I was looking forward to using for the first time this year. This recipe for grilled salmon with rosemary really exceeded my expectations. It was very flavorful, especially considering that it was not marinated.
Grilled Salmon with Rosemary
- 1 pound salmon
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped, or 1 tsp dried, crushed
- Cut the fish into 4 equal-sized portions.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary in a bowl.
- Brush the mixture onto the fish.
- To grill, arrange the fish on a grill rack or use a grill basket sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- Grill over medium-hot coals until the fish flakes easily (allow 4-6 minutes per 1/2″ of thickness). If the fish is more than 1″ thick, gently turn it halfway through grilling.
- To broil, spray the rack of a broiler pan with olive oil cooking spray and arrange the fish on it. Broil 4″ from the heat for 4-6 minutes per 1/2″ of thickness. If the fish is more than 1″ thick, gently turn it halfway through broiling.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.