I found this recipe online while searching for a salmon recipe for grilling that used fresh rosemary. Rosemary is a favorite ingredient of mine and I have some in my garden I was looking forward to using for the first time this year.
This recipe really exceeded my expectations. It was very flavorful, especially considering that it was not marinated.
Grilled Salmon with Rosemary
- 1 pound salmon
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped, or 1 tsp dried, crushed
- Cut the fish into 4 equal-sized portions.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary in a bowl.
- Brush the mixture onto the fish.
- To grill, arrange the fish on a grill rack or use a grill basket sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- Grill over medium-hot coals until the fish flakes easily (allow 4-6 minutes per 1/2″ of thickness). If the fish is more than 1″ thick, gently turn it halfway through grilling.
- To broil, spray the rack of a broiler pan with olive oil cooking spray and arrange the fish on it. Broil 4″ from the heat for 4-6 minutes per 1/2″ of thickness. If the fish is more than 1″ thick, gently turn it halfway through broiling.
If you need forms and printables to help you with your meal planning and shopping, don’t miss these I created:
About Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes
These are recipes I have enjoyed throughout my life – as a child, as a young woman, and now as a wife and mom. I am sharing them because they taste good and are relatively easy to make. They only require basic ingredients that most women will be able to easily find and afford. I encourage you to use the best ingredients your can afford for the best results. It really does make a tremendous difference in the quality of the final product.
For example, I only use King Arthur Unbleached Flour for regular baking. After some inexplicable failed results at long-time favorites, I no longer use store brand butter for any baking. I only use Land O’Lakes. The difference is substantial and can mean the difference between a high quality end product and a mess.
And, please, if you do try one of my recipes and like it, come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Categories: Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes
Latest posts by Sallie Borrink (see all)
- The Life Lessons of Warren Wiersbe, Rachel Held Evans, and Those Falling Away by Deconstructing Their Faith - August 17, 2019
- Free Squirrels Word Search Printable - August 14, 2019
- Christ-Centered Homeschool Science In-Person Lab Intensives - August 13, 2019
- Free Printable Back to Homeschool Word Search - August 12, 2019