I found this recipe in the Spring 2006 Food & Family magazine that Kraft sends me. I don’t usually find recipes in their publication because they require too many prepackaged, processed foods. However, this one sounded good and it is! It is also very quick to put together. We’ve had it a few times already.
I’ve adjusted the amounts to suit our tastes when I make it, but I’m typing up the original recipe. I go ahead and mix it up before I serve it since I think it is easier.
5-Minute Southwest Layered Salad
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup Mexican style shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken
- Arrange lettuce in bottom of glass serving bowl or on serving plate.
- Layer beans, corn, salsa, and cheese evenly over top.
- Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with chips.
- Makes 4 servings of 1 and 1/2 cups each.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my Creating a Cozy Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.
Categories: Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes