I found this chocolate chip scone recipe somewhere online a number of years ago. These delicious scones are a favorite around our home.
When I went to link to them yesterday in a post, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t posted these here yet.
Chocolate Chip Scones
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and cream.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. If too dry, add more whipping cream a little at a time.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead gently 6-8 times.
- Pat into a 6-inch circle. Cut dough into 6 wedges.
- Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Serve warm.
If you need forms and printables to help you with your meal planning and shopping, don’t miss these I created:
About Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes
These are recipes I have enjoyed throughout my life – as a child, as a young woman, and now as a wife and mom. I am sharing them because they taste good and are relatively easy to make. They only require basic ingredients that most women will be able to easily find and afford. I encourage you to use the best ingredients your can afford for the best results. It really does make a tremendous difference in the quality of the final product.
For example, I only use King Arthur Unbleached Flour for regular baking. After some inexplicable failed results at long-time favorites, I no longer use store brand butter for any baking. I only use Land O’Lakes. The difference is substantial and can mean the difference between a high quality end product and a mess.
And, please, if you do try one of my recipes and like it, come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Categories: Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes