I found this chocolate chip scone recipe somewhere online a number of years ago. These delicious scones are a favorite around our home. When I went to link to them yesterday in a post, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t posted the recipe here yet. Happy baking!
Chocolate Chip Scones
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and cream.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. If too dry, add more whipping cream a little at a time.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead gently 6-8 times.
- Pat into a 6-inch circle. Cut dough into 6 wedges.
- Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Serve warm.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!