While many families learn about trees in the fall, Arbor Day is a great time to think about the role trees play in the world.
- Complete an Arbor Day KWL to get the learning started. You might be surprised what your children bring up in the process.
- Research the importance of trees. Make a basic lapbook about trees, highlighting their parts, how they grow, and the importance they play in the world.
- Visit a local nursery and purchase a tree to take home and plant.
- Do an Arbor Day word search.
- Create a “Trees Are Important” collage. Cut out or draw pictures of things we get from the various parts of trees.
- Use Tree Fun Fact Cards to explore interesting facts about trees.