This is my mom’s deviled egg recipe and so it is the one I grew up with. It was quite some time before I realized some people made “sweet” deviled eggs.
This recipe has a tangy yolk filling and I vastly prefer them to the more mild versions. I especially like green olives so that plays a part as well. I hope you like them!
Deviled Eggs with Green Olives
- 7 hardboiled eggs, shell removed
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp green olives, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- Halve hard-cooked eggs lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place yolks in bowl. Set egg whites aside.
- Mash yolks with fork. Add mayo, olives, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly.
- Refill egg whites with yolk filling. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my Creating a Cozy Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.
Categories: Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes