I serve creamed peas with Salmon Patties with Green Onion and Red Peppers. (The story behind the combination is on the other post.) Caroline loves them which is saying something since she currently doesn’t like any vegetable except cucumbers!
I make the creamed peas before I make the salmon patties. To keep them warm, I put them in a small crockpot. They hold very well while you are making the rest of the meal.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Dash of salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 cups hot cooked petite peas
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and cook briefly.
- Whisk in milk and salt.
- Stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Allow to boil another thirty seconds to one minute to desired consistency.
- Pour sauce over peas and gently combine.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.
Leave a Reply