1. A woman is complete in Christ – nothing more and nothing less. Marriage and/or motherhood may change her worldly status and role, but they do nothing to make her more complete in Christ. Salvation, wholeness, and meaning are found in Christ alone.
2. To be a homemaker, I need to stay home. I do have a need to get out and, in order to be a good homemaker, I can’t stay home all the time. However, there is a point where my being out and about begins to negatively impact our home life. And the more I am out past that point, the negative influence in my home increases dramatically in the form of eating out, less nutritious meals, and various homemaking tasks that are left undone and/or get behind. It also increases our stress level because things are not flowing properly at home. As the manager of the home, what I do really sets the tone for how life unfolds for the three of us.
3. Being an older mom brings with it some surreal moments such as a day when you are discussing how to get your daughter to eat cereal and sleep through the night as well as your eye doctor telling you that bifocals are in your not-to-distant future.
4. Not everyone will like you or attempt to like you. Some people will dislike you for reasons you will never understand.
5. Only a very few people will truly understand you or attempt to understand who you are.
6. I believe 98.74% of the time that girls/women spend thinking/dreaming/worrying/obsessing about boys/guys/men is totally wasted.
7. There are only a few people in life who know you deeply, truly love you, and have only your best interest in mind. For me, these people are my husband and my parents. You have to know exactly who they are and then trust them to give you good advice when you are in situations where you are too emotionally involved to think clearly.
See all of the posts in this series:
- 40 Things I’ve Learned By Age 40 – #1-7
- 40 Things I’ve Learned By Age 40 – #8-15
- 40 Things I’ve Learned By Age 40 – #16-19
- 40 Things I’ve Learned By Age 40 – #20
- 40 Things I’ve Learned By Age 40 – #21-30
- 40 Things I’ve Learned By Age 40 – #31-39
- 40 Things I’ve Learned By Age 40 – #40
Categories: Christian Faith