Last night as I was about to go to bed, I realized I had a package of boneless chicken breasts that was dated that day. I decided to just quickly clean them and throw them in the crockpot overnight to make shredded chicken. I will use the shredded chicken in quesadillas, enchiladas, tortilla soup, etc.
I looked online for inspiration and came up with this concoction. It is easy and works very well.
Shredded Salsa Chicken in Crockpot
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Pace picante sauce
- 2-3 TBSP of homemade taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste*
- Put chicken breasts in crockpot. Sprinkle the taco seasoning and salt on the chicken breasts. Pour in water and top off with picante sauce.
- Cook on low overnight or for eight hours.
- Remove to jelly roll pan and begin pulling apart.
- Allow to cool slightly and then finish shredding.
- Freeze in one cup portions in sandwich bags.
*If you don’t make homemade taco seasoning, you can use store bought packages. You could then eliminate the salt. I added salt because my seasoning mix doesn’t have salt.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.
Leave a Reply