I saw a similar rosemary and lemon chicken recipe online and decided to come up with my own combo. The original version had fresh garlic, but I wasn’t in the mood for garlic so I omitted it.
This was super easy and tasted great! This could also be a great chicken to use for other purposes such as on top of a salad.
Rosemary and Lemon Chicken in Crockpot
- 1 roaster chicken, cleaned and rinsed
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary, broken into several pieces
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- freshly ground sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add water to pot.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Push lemon slices and rosemary under the skin and into the cavity.
- Lay additional lemon slices and rosemary on top of the chicken.
- Cook on high approximately four hours or until timer pops up.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!