I saw a similar rosemary and lemon chicken recipe online and decided to come up with my own combo. The original version had fresh garlic, but I wasn’t in the mood for garlic so I omitted it.
This was super easy and tasted great!
This could also be a great chicken to use for other purposes such as on top of a salad.
Rosemary and Lemon Chicken in Crockpot
- 1 roaster chicken, cleaned and rinsed
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary, broken into several pieces
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- freshly ground sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add water to pot.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Push lemon slices and rosemary under the skin and into the cavity.
- Lay additional lemon slices and rosemary on top of the chicken.
- Cook on high approximately four hours or until timer pops up.
If you need forms and printables to help you with your meal planning, don’t miss these I created:
About Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes
These are recipes I have enjoyed throughout my life – as a child, as a young woman, and now as a wife and mom. I am sharing them because they taste good and are relatively easy to make. They only require basic ingredients that most women will be able to easily find and afford. I encourage you to use the best ingredients your can afford for the best results. It really does make a tremendous difference in the quality of the final product.
For example, I only use King Arthur Unbleached Flour for regular baking. After some inexplicable failed results at long-time favorites, I no longer use store brand butter for any baking. I only use Land O’Lakes. The difference is substantial and can mean the difference between a high quality end product and a mess.
And, please, if you do try one of my recipes and like it, come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Categories: Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes
Latest posts by Sallie Borrink (see all)
- The Life Lessons of Warren Wiersbe, Rachel Held Evans, and Those Falling Away by Deconstructing Their Faith - August 17, 2019
- Free Squirrels Word Search Printable - August 14, 2019
- Christ-Centered Homeschool Science In-Person Lab Intensives - August 13, 2019
- Free Printable Back to Homeschool Word Search - August 12, 2019