Is it time to shake things up in your homeschool? Have you lost that energized feeling? Does homeschooling feel too routine? Not what you dreamed of doing with your child? Even though you are still completely committed to homeschooling, have you lost some of your passion?
I have been feeling the need to re-energize our homeschool and so writing this series is as much working it out in pixels myself as it is sharing with those who gather here.
Crave Require Variety
Part of my need to re-energize things is simply because of my daughter. As a gifted child, she craves variety. She requires variety. I’ve known this since she was tiny, but it has become even more clear to me as I’ve delved into the world of the gifted. So keeping her interested and challenged is a huge deal for me.
This week I’m sharing five ways we can re-energize our homeschool. This series is for you if you:
- feel like you’ve fallen into a rut
- feel like your approach to homeschooling isn’t producing the results you would like
- simply think your family would benefit from a fresh start, this series is for you
May I offer one bit of advice as you read this series?
Tune out everyone else and do what works for you and your children. Seriously.
- Don’t worry about what your parents or in-laws or siblings will think.
- Don’t worry about what the other moms at co-op will think.
- Don’t worry about what the other moms in such and such homeschool method forum will think.
Just focus on the particular needs and interests of your family. Read through the suggestions I offer and take what works for your particular situation.
And if you find yourself thinking, “Well, I could never do that!” ask yourself why.
- Is it because it really won’t work for your family?
- Or is it because you are carrying the expectations of others?
- Or is it because you read something on a blog where the writer ripped to shreds anyone who would dare choose to do X and therefore would be ruining her child for life?
It’s really easy for us to absorb the expectations of others and not even realize it. So let’s encourage each other as we shake things up. I hope you will find something each day to re-energize your homeschool.
- 3 Ways To Change Your Homeschool Approach
- Strewing In Your Homeschool
- Invest In New Homeschool Materials
- Creative Ways to Re-Energize Your Homeschool Space
- Relax and Plan More Homeschool Fun