Although it is one of my favorite sweets, I rarely make fudge because I don’t want to take the time to stand there and stir it forever, test it to the right ball stage, etc. This recipe eliminates all of that added fuss. I admit I was a bit skeptical that really good fudge could be made in the microwave, but my mom shared this recipe with me and wow. This is pretty good candy that can meet that fudge craving pretty quickly.
So try out this easy peasy microwave fudge and add your favorite chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts. Yum!
Two Minute Microwave Fudge with Nuts
- 1 lb. box confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Combine sugar, cocoa, salt, milk and vanilla in 1 and 1/2 quart microwave safe bowl.
- Slice butter and lay all over the top.
- Microwave on high 2 to 2 and 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts.
- Spread in wax paper-lined 8×8 pan and chill.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!