I found this recipe for Pecan Cinnamon Shortbread in the Summer 2007 Cooking for 2 magazine. My mom gave me a subscription and every issue has been great so far!
Shortbread is one of my favorite baked goods. I’ve already made this twice. YUM!
Pecan Cinnamon Shortbread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream confectioners’ sugar and remaining butter.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be crumbly).
- Stir in pecans.
- Pat into a 5-inch circle on an ungreased baking sheet. Using a fork, prick score lines to form four wedges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Immediately cut along score lines.
- Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my Creating a Cozy Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.
Categories: Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes