I found this recipe for Pecan Cinnamon Shortbread in the Summer 2007 Cooking for 2 magazine. My mom gave me a subscription and every issue has been great so far!
Shortbread is one of my favorite baked goods. I’ve already made this twice. YUM!
Pecan Cinnamon Shortbread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream confectioners’ sugar and remaining butter.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be crumbly).
- Stir in pecans.
- Pat into a 5-inch circle on an ungreased baking sheet. Using a fork, prick score lines to form four wedges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Immediately cut along score lines.
- Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack.
If you need forms and printables to help you with your meal planning, don’t miss these I created:
About Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes
These are recipes I have enjoyed throughout my life – as a child, as a young woman, and now as a wife and mom. I am sharing them because they taste good and are relatively easy to make. They only require basic ingredients that most women will be able to easily find and afford. I encourage you to use the best ingredients your can afford for the best results. It really does make a tremendous difference in the quality of the final product.
For example, I only use King Arthur Unbleached Flour for regular baking. After some inexplicable failed results at long-time favorites, I no longer use store brand butter for any baking. I only use Land O’Lakes. The difference is substantial and can mean the difference between a high quality end product and a mess.
And, please, if you do try one of my recipes and like it, come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Categories: Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes