This is my basic meatball recipe. I cook up a couple of batches at a time and freeze them. Then I just pull out however many I want to use. I use them with spaghetti sauce and pasta, in meatball subs, or just to eat them plain. This is one of the ways I keep us from eating out. I love to have things in the freezer that I can use quickly and in a variety of ways.
- 1 lb of ground beef
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs (I use Italian bread crumbs for more flavor!)
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- Soak dry bread crumbs in milk.
- Mix all ingredients together. Do not overmix.
- Shape into small balls.
- Bake on ungreased jelly roll pan for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from pan and place on plate covered with paper towel to absorb excess grease.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.