I found this recipe for Potato Swiss Cheese Soup on a website that quickly became one of my favorites when I first came online. Sadly, Stephanie’s Country Kitchen Goodness is no longer available, but the memory lives on in my home where I make several of her recipes. This Swiss cheese soup is easy to make and so delicious!
Potato Swiss Cheese Soup
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 & 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 & 1/2 cups of milk
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp pepper (adjust to your taste; this makes it quite peppery)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large pot, bring potatoes, carrot, celery, onion, water and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are just tender. Do not drain; mash slightly. Stir in milk.
- In a small bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley and pepper. Stir into potato mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; add cheese and stir until cheese is almost melted. Let soup stand for five minutes before serving.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.