We enjoy chicken quesadillas a lot! They are super easy to make once you get a recipe that works for you. I don’t have a formal written recipe, but here is how I do it using the shredded salsa chicken I make ahead.
- Shredded salsa chicken (previously made)
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Olive oil
- I mix shredded salsa chicken, salsa, shredded sharp cheddar, and green onions in a bowl. I use whatever amounts seem appropriate, but I usually use one cup of shredded chicken for two servings/small quesadillas.
- Preheat an electric griddle to a medium temperature. If you like soft tortillas, spray the griddle with Pam. If you like them crispier, brush some olive oil on the outside of the bottom tortillas and lay them oil side down on the griddle. Immediately spread the chicken mixture on the tortillas. Lay the other tortillas on top, press down lightly and brush the top with oil.
- Keep an eye on them and flip when they start to get melted inside and lightly browned on the bottom. Then continue to grill them until they look done.
- Sometimes I also add rinsed, cooked black beans for extra protein and fiber.
- Serve with salsa and/or sour cream.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!