This easy stromboli will definitely be a regular in our home now. It was easy and very tasty. I found it in Meals in Minutes (Gooseberry Patch). I made two – one with pepperoni and the other with pepperoni and green olives. You could put anything in them you would like. The next time I will try one with Italian sausage. You can serve them with warmed garlic butter or pizza sauce. (I did the warmed pizza sauce.)
Easy Stromboli from Gooseberry Patch
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4-oz. pkg sliced pepperoni
- 8-oz. pkg shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Roll out bread dough into a 12×15-inch rectangle; set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, oil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder and pepper together in a bowl; spread over dough.
- Arrange pepperoni and mozzarella cheese on top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Roll up; place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush with egg whites.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.