This is another new recipe I tried and it will definitely be a regular in our home now! It was easy and very tasty.
I found it in Meals in Minutes (Gooseberry Patch). I made two – one with pepperoni and the other with pepperoni and green olives. You could put anything in them you would like. Next time I am going to try one with Italian sausage.
Serve them with warmed garlic butter or pizza sauce. (I did the warmed pizza sauce.)
Easy Stromboli from Gooseberry Patch
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4-oz. pkg sliced pepperoni
- 8-oz. pkg shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Roll out bread dough into a 12×15-inch rectangle; set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, oil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder and pepper together in a bowl; spread over dough.
- Arrange pepperoni and mozzarella cheese on top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Roll up; place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush with egg whites.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.
If you need forms and printables to help you with your meal planning and shopping, don’t miss these I created:
About Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes
These are recipes I have enjoyed throughout my life – as a child, as a young woman, and now as a wife and mom. I am sharing them because they taste good and are relatively easy to make. They only require basic ingredients that most women will be able to easily find and afford. I encourage you to use the best ingredients your can afford for the best results. It really does make a tremendous difference in the quality of the final product.
For example, I only use King Arthur Unbleached Flour for regular baking. After some inexplicable failed results at long-time favorites, I no longer use store brand butter for any baking. I only use Land O’Lakes. The difference is substantial and can mean the difference between a high quality end product and a mess.
And, please, if you do try one of my recipes and like it, come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Categories: Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes