I found this granola bar recipe online when looking for something our family would enjoy. (And we did!) It also contains lots of pantry staples so it’s something that can easily be made when the mood hits for a treat like this.
I decided to tweak it a bit to make it even better so this is my adapted version of the original. The original called for 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips to be pressed in after the bars cooled. We thought it was much better with a yummy layer of chocolate across the top!
Granola Bars with Rice Krispies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tap vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Grease the bottom of an 8×8 inch glass baking dish with butter.
- In saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar, honey, and peanut butter. Heat over medium-low heat until the mixture starts to bubble, stirring often. Once bubbly, cook for a few more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, quick oats, and Rice Krispies. Mix until combined.
- Pour into the pan and press down evenly.
- While bars are still warm, spread chocolate chips across the top. Wait a minute or two for chocolate chips to become soft and then use the back of a spoon to spread out the chocolate chips (like a layer of frosting).
- Allow to cool before cutting.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my Creating a Cozy Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.
Categories: Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes