My mother-in-law shared this recipe for Easy Chicken Fajita Soup with me after she served it to us for lunch. It is very easy and tasty. It’s an especially handy recipe since I almost always have these basic ingredients in my pantry.
The choice of salsa definitely impacts the flavor and consistency. I made it the first time with black bean refried beans and it was very good that way. Each choice of ingredient will impact the final outcome.
Easy Chicken Fajita Soup
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz jar of salsa
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups of cooked chicken
- Mix refried beans and chicken broth well in Dutch oven or large pot.
- Add black beans and corn.
- Stir in salsa and chicken.
- Heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with or without shredded cheddar and/or sour cream.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.