Bonnie’s Bake Beans are my mom’s baked beans so they are the ones I grew up with. Even as an adult who has tried many other versions of baked beans, I still like these the best.This recipe can be cooked either in the oven or in a slow cooker. They also reheat well. I prefer to use Bush’s Homestyle Baked Beans for this recipe.
Bonnie’s Baked Beans
- 4 strips of bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 large minced onion
- 2 large cans baked beans with pork
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 drizzle of molasses
- Saute bacon and onion until bacon is crisp and onion is yellow.
- Stir in all other ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 3 quart baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 300 degrees for 2-3 hours.
- Can also be cooked in slow cooker.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.