When spring arrives, everyone is ready to be outdoors! Learn about the importance of gardening and how it can be both fun and beneficial during National Lawn & Garden Month.
- Grow something! If you need to start simple, plant beans in cups or sprout them in a baggie with damp paper towel. Other easy plants to grow include sweet potatoes and grass. Each one will sprout and grow quickly.
- Focus on flowers! Purchase a bouquet of flowers and discuss the various kinds of flowers, their unique characteristics, and how they are grown. If your children need some art time, have them draw a flower or the bouquet.
- Explore fascinating facts with my Flowers & Plants Fun Fact Cards. Children love learning these little tidbits!
- Have your children design their own backyard gardens with flowers, vegetables, and/or fruits that are appropriate to where you live. Have them draw a diagram of what they would like to grow and where. If you want to add some math practice, price out what it would cost to bring their garden dreams to reality.
- Use my Garden Themed Learning Pack for printable activities.
- See more Garden Unit Study Ideas
- See more Flower Unit Study Ideas