All of the student pages are provided in both color and black and white.
There are no Halloween graphics in this packet. The packet is 98% Halloween-free so all teachers will be able to use the activities. (See descriptions below)
Praise for Fall Activity Pack
Here’s what teachers and parents said:
- “So incredible! Great for many activities!”
- “All these activities are great additions to my math and language tubs!”
- “I keep using it! Awesome package!!”
- “Great for centers and activities”
Fall Math Activities
- Addition and Subtraction Center – Read the simple story problem on the card and determine if it is an addition or subtraction problem. Record answer on answer sheet.
- Write the Missing Number Center – Determine the missing number on the card (example: 14, ___, 16) and record the answer on answer sheet.
- Measuring with a Pumpkin Ruler –Cut out pumpkin ruler and measure various objects. Record answers on the answer sheet.
- Pumpkin Measurement – Record predictions about pumpkin (weight, number of seeds, circumference, and height) and then record the actual measurements.
- Pumpkin Properties – Illustrate the inside and outside of pumpkin. Write one word descriptions of pumpkin as prompted.
- Fall Patterns – Cut out the object pictures and glue to complete the pattern.
- Odd and Even Pumpkins – Cut out squares with the numbers 1-20. Paste them into the appropriate section (odd or even).
- Pumpkin Count – Write the missing numbers in the pumpkin (1-20).
- Autumn Addition – Add the objects and draw a line to the correct answer.
- Seasons – Circle the fall pictures with orange and the other pictures with green.
- We Love Pumpkins! Classroom Graph – Create a graph of who likes which choice best (pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread or pumpkin seeds).
Fall Reading & Writing Activities
- Short and Long Vowels Center –Sort the cards into short vowels and long vowels. Record answers and then write two sentences using some of the words. Optional sorting mats included.
- “Little Mouse Likes Fall” Predictable Reader – Read an original predictable reader in full color AND b/w version for coloring
- Beginning Sounds – Write the beginning sound for each picture.
- Ending Sounds – Write the ending sound for each picture.
- Autumn ABC Order – Put two sets of four words in ABC order.
- Reading Response – Complete a graphic organizer with four sections for drawing and/or writing: beginning, middle, end and my favorite part.
- How to Carve a Pumpkin Graphic Organizer –Draw and/or write the six steps to carve a pumpkin.
- How to Carve a Pumpkin Writing – Write the six steps to carve a pumpkin.
- A Story Map – Complete a graphic organizer with title, author, characters, setting, beginning, middle and end.
- A Story Web – Complete a graphic organizer with title and author, main characters, setting, problem and solution.
- Word Wall – 25 fall-themed word wall cards with blank word wall cards for typing additional words
- First Hundred Words – Flashcards for Fry’s First Hundred Words with blank flash cards for typing additional words
Extra Fall Fun
- Venn diagram – Compare and contrast apples and pumpkins.
- Pumpkins KWL Chart – Two pumpkin-themed KWL charts (one vertical and one horizontal)
- Fall Word Search – Look for nine fall words. (No backwards or diagonal words.)
- Memory Game – Look for matches in fall-themed memory game.
- Halloween – There are 10 Halloween-themed word wall words for teachers who wish to use them. There are also blank word wall cards with fields to type in additional words.