This mega-pack is full of more than 30 fall-themed math and fall literacy activities and centers! Lots of ready to use ideas with apples, pumpkins, colorful leaves, and other autumn favorites.
These activities are appropriate primarily for First Grade but will also work with Kindergarten and Second Grade depending on the ability levels of the students.
The design is clean and uncluttered to help students focus on the learning activity at hand.
All of the student pages are provided in both color and black and white.
There are NO Halloween graphics in this packet. The packet is 98% Halloween-free so all teachers will be able to use the activities. (See descriptions below)
The 80-page packet includes a wide variety to last for weeks.
Praise for Fall Literacy and Math Pack
Here’s what teachers and parents said:
“So incredible! Great for many activities!”
“I am very pleased with this packet. Looking forward to using it with my 1st grader.”
“Love this! I am looking forward to using this pack!!”
“All these activities are great additions to my math and language tubs!”
“I keep using it! Awesome package!!”
“Great for centers and activities”
“Students enjoyed this unit”
Fall Math Activities
- Addition and Subtraction Center – Students will read the simple story problem on the card and determine if it is an addition or subtraction problem. They will then record their answer on the answer sheet.
- Write the Missing Number Center – Students will determine the missing number on the card (example: 14, ___, 16) and record the answer on the answer sheet.
- Measuring with a Pumpkin Ruler – Students will cut out pumpkin ruler and measure various objects. They will record their answers on the answer sheet.
- Pumpkin Measurement – Students will record predictions about their pumpkin (weight, number of seeds, circumference, and height) and then record the actual measurements.
- Pumpkin Properties – Students will illustrate the inside and outside of their pumpkin. They will also write one word descriptions of their pumpkin as prompted.
- Fall Patterns – Students will cut out the object pictures and glue to complete the pattern.
- Odd and Even Pumpkins – Students will cut out squares with the numbers 1-20. They will then paste them into the appropriate section (odd or even).
- Pumpkin Count – Students will write the missing numbers in the pumpkin (1-20).
- Autumn Addition – Students will add the objects and draw a line to the correct answer.
- Seasons – Students will circle the fall pictures with orange and the other pictures with green.
- We Love Pumpkins! Classroom Graph – Class will create a graph of who likes which choice best (pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread or pumpkin seeds).
Fall Literacy Activities
- Short and Long Vowels Center – Students will sort the cards into short vowels and long vowels. They will then record their answers and then write two sentences using some of the words. Optional sorting mats included.
- Write the Room– Students will complete seven different write the room activities. Themes include: Autumn Words (A-L and M-Z), Ending Sounds (t, n, r and s), Short A and Long A, Short E and Long E, Short I and Long I, Short O and Long O, and Short U and Long U.
- “Little Mouse Likes Fall” Predictable Reader – Students will read an original predictable reader in full color AND b/w version for coloring
- Beginning Sounds – Students will write the beginning sound for each picture.
- Ending Sounds – Students will write the ending sound for each picture.
- Autumn ABC Order – Students will put two sets of four words in ABC order.
- Reading Response – Students will complete a graphic organizer with four sections for drawing and/or writing: beginning, middle, end and my favorite part.
- How to Carve a Pumpkin Graphic Organizer – Students will draw and/or write the six steps to carve a pumpkin.
- How to Carve a Pumpkin Writing – Students will write the six steps to carve a pumpkin.
- A Story Map – Students will complete a graphic organizer with title, author, characters, setting, beginning, middle and end.
- A Story Web – Students will complete a graphic organizer with title and author, main characters, setting, problem and solution.
- Word Wall – 25 fall-themed word wall cards with blank word wall cards for typing additional words
- First Hundred Words – Flashcards for Fry’s First Hundred Words with blank flash cards for typing additional words
Extra Fall Fun
- Venn diagram – Students will compare and contrast apples and pumpkins.
- Pumpkins KWL Chart – Two pumpkin-themed KWL charts (one vertical and one horizontal)
- Fall Word Search – Students will look for nine fall words. (No backwards or diagonal words.)
- Memory Game – Students will look for matches in fall-themed memory game.
- Halloween – At the end of the packet are 10 Halloween-themed word wall words for teachers who wish to use them. There are also blank word wall cards with fields to type in additional words.
- There is a “How to Carve a Pumpkin” writing activity that is Halloween related.