All of the student pages are provided in both color and black and white.
There are no Halloween graphics in this packet. The packet is 98% Halloween-free so all teachers will be able to use the activities. (See descriptions below)
Praise for Fall Activity Pack
Here’s what teachers and parents said:
“So incredible! Great for many activities!”
“I am very pleased with this packet. Looking forward to using it with my 1st grader.”
“Love this! I am looking forward to using this pack!!”
“All these activities are great additions to my math and language tubs!”
“I keep using it! Awesome package!!”
“Great for centers and activities”
Fall Math Activities
- Addition and Subtraction Center – Read the simple story problem on the card and determine if it is an addition or subtraction problem. Record answer on answer sheet.
- Write the Missing Number Center – Determine the missing number on the card (example: 14, ___, 16) and record the answer on answer sheet.
- Measuring with a Pumpkin Ruler –Cut out pumpkin ruler and measure various objects. Record answers on the answer sheet.
- Pumpkin Measurement – Record predictions about pumpkin (weight, number of seeds, circumference, and height) and then record the actual measurements.
- Pumpkin Properties – Illustrate the inside and outside of pumpkin. Write one word descriptions of pumpkin as prompted.
- Fall Patterns – Cut out the object pictures and glue to complete the pattern.
- Odd and Even Pumpkins – Cut out squares with the numbers 1-20. Paste them into the appropriate section (odd or even).
- Pumpkin Count – Write the missing numbers in the pumpkin (1-20).
- Autumn Addition – Add the objects and draw a line to the correct answer.
- Seasons – Circle the fall pictures with orange and the other pictures with green.
- We Love Pumpkins! Classroom Graph – Create a graph of who likes which choice best (pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread or pumpkin seeds).
Fall Reading & Writing Activities
- Short and Long Vowels Center –Sort the cards into short vowels and long vowels. Record answers and then write two sentences using some of the words. Optional sorting mats included.
- “Little Mouse Likes Fall” Predictable Reader – Read an original predictable reader in full color AND b/w version for coloring
- Beginning Sounds – Write the beginning sound for each picture.
- Ending Sounds – Write the ending sound for each picture.
- Autumn ABC Order – Put two sets of four words in ABC order.
- Reading Response – Complete a graphic organizer with four sections for drawing and/or writing: beginning, middle, end and my favorite part.
- How to Carve a Pumpkin Graphic Organizer –Draw and/or write the six steps to carve a pumpkin.
- How to Carve a Pumpkin Writing – Write the six steps to carve a pumpkin.
- A Story Map – Complete a graphic organizer with title, author, characters, setting, beginning, middle and end.
- A Story Web – Complete a graphic organizer with title and author, main characters, setting, problem and solution.
- Word Wall – 25 fall-themed word wall cards with blank word wall cards for typing additional words
- First Hundred Words – Flashcards for Fry’s First Hundred Words with blank flash cards for typing additional words
Extra Fall Fun
- Venn diagram – Compare and contrast apples and pumpkins.
- Pumpkins KWL Chart – Two pumpkin-themed KWL charts (one vertical and one horizontal)
- Fall Word Search – Look for nine fall words. (No backwards or diagonal words.)
- Memory Game – Look for matches in fall-themed memory game.
- Halloween – There are 10 Halloween-themed word wall words for teachers who wish to use them. There are also blank word wall cards with fields to type in additional words.