My mom made this for us recently when we visited and we definitely wanted the recipe! I made it this morning for brunch and it so good!
I’m sure this will be a regular item for us now since we love breakfast foods for breakfast, lunch and supper. (Update years later: We still make this all the time. It’s so good!)
Ham, Cheese, Eggs, and Hashbrown Mixup
- 2 cups frozen hashbrown potatoes (I used the Simply Potatoes refrigerated ones in the green bag and they worked great)
- 1 cup fully cooked chopped ham
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute potatoes, ham and onion in vegetable oil for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper.
- Add eggs to skillet, stirring occasionally until eggs are set.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in cheese.
- Spoon onto a serving platter and sprinkle with chives.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my Creating a Cozy Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.
Categories: Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes