This Cheddar Oven Omelet is a simple and yummy brunch recipe. I’ve made it so many times for guests at brunch and it’s always a hit. You can pop it in the oven and get things in the kitchen cleaned up before your guests arrive.
This is also a great recipe because it consists of ingredients you are likely to have on hand – eggs, bacon, milk, cheese, etc. It can also make a great breakfast for supper with toast and fruit.
Cheddar Oven Omelet
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside.
- Saute onions in drippings until tender; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, seasoned salt, cheese, bacon and sauteed onions.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-quart baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!