This is yet another recipe I found on Stephanie’s Country Kitchen Goodness, one of my early favorite websites that no longer exists. Ham and Cheese Bowties is a great way to use up leftover ham.
This is so good!
Ham and Cheese Bowties
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp prepared mustard
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (or more) chopped ham
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and drain pasta. Put pasta in an ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Saute garlic in butter for 30 seconds. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk, whisking if necessary. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for one minute. Stir in mustard and cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Stir in ham.
- Pour sauce mixture over pasta and mix lightly.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my Creating a Cozy Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.