Is there anything more lovely than fall? I love this beautiful season of colorful trees, bright blue skies, and cooler temperatures.
Sigh. It’s such a wonderful transition month.
This week our second grade blogging team is featuring activities and printables related to poetry. I’ve created copywork from the poem “Autumn Fires” by Robert Louis Stevenson. “Autumn Fires” is a simple poem with vivid imagery I enjoy.
In the other gardens
And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail!
Pleasant summer over
And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
The grey smoke towers.
Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all!
Flowers in the summer,
Fires in the fall!
I thought it would make a lovely copywork printable for our poetry week.
Please download a free copy to use with your children or students. This copywork includes both print and cursive so you can use whichever works in your situation. (You can see all of my copywork products here.)
Just click on the image to launch the PDF, save to your computer, and print!
Please fee free to share this post with other parents and homeschoolers. Thank you!
Don’t miss the other second grade blogging team posts this week related to poetry!
- Classic Poetry for 2nd Graders – from Look! We’re Learning
- 9 Poetry Books your child might enjoy – Planet Smarty Pants
- Introducing Children to the poems of Rober Louis Stevenson – In the Playroom
- Hand print Poetry – Creative Family Fun
- Free Printable Poetry for Fall – Life Over C’s
- Digraph Spelling Word Poems – Sugar Aunts
- Autumn Fires Copywork – Sallie Borrink Learning
- Cinquain Poetry for Kids – Still Playing School
- Solar System Poetry – Rainy Day Mum
Categories: Learning Activities, Worksheets, and Printables