Is everyone else relieved to see the calendar say “September” on it? I love this beautiful month of colors starting to appear in the trees, bright blue skies, and cooler temperatures. Sigh. It’s such a wonderful transition month.
This week our second grade blogging team is featuring activities and printables related to poetry. Poetry is a bit of a weak spot for me in terms of it not being my thing. There are a few poets I like and certain types of poetry that appeal to me.
I do like this Robert Louis Stevenson poem about the autumn. “Autumn Fires” is a simple poem with vivid imagery I enjoy. I thought it would make a lovely copywork printable for our poetry week.
Please download a free copy to use with your children or students. This copywork includes both print and cursive so you can use whichever works in your situation. (You can see all of my copywork products here.)
Don’t miss the other second grade blogging team posts this week related to poetry!
- Classic Poetry for 2nd Graders – from Look! We’re Learning
- 9 Poetry Books your child might enjoy – Planet Smarty Pants
- Introducing Children to the poems of Rober Louis Stevenson – In the Playroom
- Hand print Poetry – Creative Family Fun
- Free Printable Poetry for Fall – Life Over C’s
- Digraph Spelling Word Poems – Sugar Aunts
- Autumn Fires Copywork – Sallie Borrink Learning
- Cinquain Poetry for Kids – Still Playing School
- Solar System Poetry – Rainy Day Mum