I’ve been emailing with one of the hostesses of the shower I will have this weekend and I told her that I feel like my brain and life is all baby, all day right now. It seems like from the minute I get up until I fall into bed at night I’m working on things related to the baby. Whether it is working on things for her room, writing thank you notes, looking for a pediatrician, stocking up on groceries so we won’t have to run to the store as much after she comes, writing my packing list for the hospital, or just watching her move around… It’s really all baby, all day!
And I’m loving it!
Last night when I was in bed, I made a list of the things I’m looking forward to after delivering and the things I will miss about being pregnant.
Things I’m looking forward to after Peanut is born:
- SLEEPING ON MY STOMACH!!!
- Being able to sing in church – I have no breath support for singing and it is HARD to sit and stand there and not sing for fear of passing out!
- Being able to hug my husband without my baby bump getting in the way
- Playing my guitar
- Drinking grape juice with breakfast
- Waffles and maple syrup
- Wearing all my shoes again!
- Laying on my back and reading in bed
Things I will miss about being pregnant:
- Feeling the baby move and watching my stomach
- The anticipation and wonder of it all
- The honor of being a pregnant woman
- The parking spots for expectant mothers
I’m sure other things will come to mind, but that’s what I’ve been thinking about lately. 🙂