Happy Thanksgiving Friday! If you are an American, I hope you are having a lovely holiday weekend. We are still planning on making our Thanksgiving meal this weekend when Caroline feels more like enjoying it.
Other than that, it’s a quiet weekend around our home with puttering and making the most of the days.
This Week’s Artwork
Today I’m featuring another oil on canvas by Albert Anker. This is Knitting Girl Watching The Toddler In A Cradle (1885).
I covered Anker’s bio in Simple Living This Week No. 102. I believe these are all Anker’s paintings I’ve used to this point. I didn’t make a note of the artist when I first started using different artwork for posts. A few of them I need to go back and have David redo because we were using a different source when we started. But I think this is all of them. There is something wholesome and real that I appreciate about Anker’s work.
- Simple Living This Week No. 2
- Simple Living This Week No. 21
- Simple Living This Week No. 24
- Simple Living This Week No. 34
- Simple Living This Week No. 39
- Simple Living This Week No. 44
- Simple Living This Week No. 71
- Simple Living This Week No. 102
- Simple Living This Week No. 103
- Simple Living This Week No. 105
Since this is a holiday week and we’re still recovering from sickness, I’m going to keep this simple today and put everything under home life.
David spent a lot of time yesterday dusting, vacuuming, etc. in preparation for Christmas decorating. He moved all the furniture and did a thorough job. We are hoping to have all of the Christmas decorations out before Monday. A lot of it will depend on energy levels.
I’ve been doing behind the scenes work on my website since I haven’t felt like doing much else. I added four new posts, republished some archived posts, and kept the forum up-to-date with new info for the members.
There are so many sales going on right now. These are all affiliate links so if you use one of these links, I get a small amount back at no extra cost to you.
- You can see all of my affiliate links to all kinds of businesses on the My Recommendations page. It may seem like a small thing to use these links, but they definitely help bloggers when readers use them! Thank you!
- The Official Anne of Green Gables store has up to 40% off with the Bestselling Gifts Sale
- 30% off Compass Classroom courses with code THANKS30 (Black Friday – Cyber Monday)
- Free shipping on Black Friday on orders over $100 with code FS100
- There are multiple ways to save between now and November 30 – Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly, or BOGO
- Save 10% with code THANKS22 (November 23-29)
- The Magnificent Modern Art course will be 20%… a savings of $50! You’ll also get the NEW Mary Blair workshop (a $47 value) AND if you choose the pay-in-full option, you’ll also get a complimentary 3 month pass in The Studio membership (a $79 value) … for a total of up to $176 in discounts and bonuses! (November 25-28)
- If you are looking for gift ideas, this is my Amazon storefront that is full of ideas!
If I find more sales, I’ll add them on!
What is up in your home? Did you have a nice Thanksgiving? Are you decorating for Christmas yet? I hope you’ll leave a comment!