Some of the greatest joys in life are also the simplest. Living a life of simplicity and love is worth pursuing. A great little pick-me-up during the day can be reading some short, but meaningful quotes as a way to refocus and remember what is truly important. These quotes on a happy life, loving others and being loved will inspire and bring joy.
Quotes About A Simple, Happy Life
In the midst of a day and age that is driven by the relentless pursuit of more at greater and greater speeds, it is important to regularly remember what is most important. Many people throughout the ages have found that it is not necessarily more money, fame and power that make someone happy. Oftentimes it is the simple things that lead to great happiness in life.
- “It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “A well-spent day brings happy sleep.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci
- “It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day to day basis.” ~ Margaret Bonnano
Quotes About Being Loved and Loving Others
Loving others and being loved is central to the happiness of people. Everyone needs to know they are loved and people usually find great satisfaction in loving others in meaningful ways. Reminders such as these insightful quotes are helpful in focusing on being thankful for love received as well as finding ways to love others through kindness and giving.
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved – loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ~ Victor Hugo
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” ~ Winston Churchill
- “Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.” ~ Oliver Wendall Holmes
Reading short quotes about the great things in life can be an inspiration each day. Remembering the importance of finding joy in the simple things in life, the blessing of being loved, and the profound joy of loving others can help refocus the priorities of the day.