The scarecrow is a sure symbol of fall. This is a fun scarecrow craft that is easy to do even for moms, teachers, and students who might be a bit artistically challenged. If you would like lots of scarecrow ideas, don’t miss my Scarecrow Unit Study Activities post full of ideas.
So let’s see how this scarecrow craft is made!
Scarecrow Craft Overview
Make copies of the pieces for your students to trace. Putting them on tagboard works best to make them sturdy.
You can have everyone make their scarecrow the same or provide a variety of colors and let the children choose how to clothe their individual scarecrows.
The “hands” are cut from yellow. The ends can be randomly cut to add a “fringe” that looks like straw.
You can have the children draw in their landscape after mounting the scarecrow on a large piece of paper.
Free Scarecrow Craft
More Free Scarecrow Activities
Don’t miss all the other free scarecrow-themed activities and printables our group created this week!
- Free Scarecrow Expanded Form Memory Game from Life Over C’s
- Scarecrow Syllables for Second Grade from Look! We’re Learning!
- Make a Scarecrow Literacy Game from Planet Smarty Pants
- Scarecrow Measures from Crafty Kids at Home
- Scarecrow Silhouette Art Project from School Time Snippets
- Scarecrow Compound Word Match Game from Creative Family Fun
- Scarecrow Place Value Math from Sugar Aunts
Categories: Learning Activities, Worksheets, and Printables