I have always liked potato salad in a variety of forms. This might have been the first time I’ve had one that is a combination of red potatoes and cider vinegar. My mom made this red bliss potato salad for us on a recent visit. It is tangy and delicious! We’ve made it many times since. Enjoy!
Red Bliss Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 medium celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions (green parts only)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- In 4-quart saucepan, place potatoes and enough water to cover; heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes (16 to 18 minutes if potatoes are large) or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain; cool slightly.
- Cut each potato into quarters (or into eighths if large); transfer to a medium bowl.
- Gently stir in vinegar; let stand 30 minutes or until cool, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients to potato mixture; gently stir with rubber spatula until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.
Leave a Reply