Polar Animals Lapbook is the perfect introduction to the creatures of the Arctic and Antarctic. It is designed to be used in conjunction with a few books about the topic.
This content-rich lapbook requires minimal writing and is perfect for right-brained learners and reluctant writers.
Praise for Polar Animals Lapbook
Other teachers and parents said:
“I was trying to create my own foldable and stumbled across this…thank you for being my winter break time-saver!”
“I love lap books! This went perfectly along with our unit on arctic animals.”
“I’m using this as a spring board into some group research of polar animals. This is perfect!!”
“My students love flip books!”
“Perfect addition to our animal unit. Thanks!”
“Big hit with my students!”
“This was fantastic! I loved the set up! Thanks!”
Polar Animals Lapbook Activities
Please note: The pictures show labels that say Polar Creatures, but the files have been changed to Polar Animals to better fit the needs of teachers who use the terminology Polar Animals.
- Create a Cover – Students will choose the title box and pictures to add to the cover. Cut them out and glue.
- Penguin Facts Flip Flap – Students will cut out the terms/phrases related to the different statements about penguins and glue them under the appropriate flap.
- World Map – Students will color the Arctic and Antarctic on a map.
- Polar Vocabulary – Students will cut out the definitions and glue them under the correct flap.
- Polar Animals Cards – Students will cut out and glue the card holder. They will also cut out and read the creature cards with information about where the creature lives, what it eats, and a fun fact.
- Polar Memory Game – Students will cut out and glue the card holder. They will also cut out two sets of cards for a memory game.
- Arctic, Antarctic or Both? Venn diagram – Students will write words or phrases in the appropriate sections of the diagram.