Polar Animals Lapbook is the perfect introduction to the creatures of the Arctic and Antarctic. It is designed to be used in conjunction with a few books about the topic.
This content-rich lapbook requires minimal writing and is perfect for right-brained learners and reluctant writers.
Please note: The pictures show labels that say Polar Creatures, but the files have been changed to Polar Animals to better fit the needs of teachers who use the terminology Polar Animals.
- Create a Cover – Students will choose the title box and pictures to add to the cover. Cut them out and glue.
- Penguin Facts Flip Flap – Students will cut out the terms/phrases related to the different statements about penguins and glue them under the appropriate flap.
- World Map – Students will color the Arctic and Antarctic on a map.
- Polar Vocabulary – Students will cut out the definitions and glue them under the correct flap.
- Polar Animals Cards – Students will cut out and glue the card holder. They will also cut out and read the creature cards with information about where the creature lives, what it eats, and a fun fact.
- Polar Memory Game – Students will cut out and glue the card holder. They will also cut out two sets of cards for a memory game.
- Arctic, Antarctic or Both? Venn diagram – Students will write words or phrases in the appropriate sections of the diagram.