This fun lapbook is designed to be used in conjunction with a few books about the topic.
Polar Animals Lapbook Activities
The lapbook includes:
- Create a Cover – Choose the title box and pictures to add to the cover. Cut them out and glue.
- Penguin Facts Flip Flap – Cut out the terms/phrases related to the different statements about penguins and glue them under the appropriate flap.
- World Map – Color the Arctic and Antarctic on a map.
- Polar Vocabulary – Cut out the definitions and glue them under the correct flap.
- Polar Animals Cards – Cut out and glue the card holder. They will also cut out and read the creature cards with information about where the creature lives, what it eats, and a fun fact.
- Polar Memory Game – Cut out and glue the card holder. They will also cut out two sets of cards for a memory game.
- Arctic, Antarctic or Both? Venn diagram – Write words or phrases in the appropriate sections of the diagram.
Praise for Polar Animals Lapbook
Other teachers and parents said:
- “I was trying to create my own foldable and stumbled across this…thank you for being my winter break time-saver!”
- “I love lap books! This went perfectly along with our unit on arctic animals.”
- “I’m using this as a spring board into some group research of polar animals. This is perfect!!”
- “My students love flip books!”
- “Perfect addition to our animal unit. Thanks!”
- “Big hit with my students!”
- “This was fantastic! I loved the set up! Thanks!”