Do you like peeking into the lives of other families? I do! I love reading stories about how other parents handle parenting and education. I started wondering about the different stories behind parenting a gifted child.
Parenting a Gifted Child
I asked a group of parents with gifted children if they would be interested in sharing a bit of their personal story with my readers as part of a series. Several responded and I think you are going to enjoy reading what they have to say.
To add some structure to the series, I presented each of them with the same list of questions that they could choose to answer. It’s amazing how different each person’s experience can be while also sharing striking similarities.
There are seven posts in this series that cover topics such as:
- Twice-exceptional (2e) children
- Early writing as a hint to giftedness
- Being profoundly gifted
- Highly verbal but not reading
- Parenting multiple gifted children
Each story offers parents additional insights regarding what giftedness can look like in a child. Sometimes we have no idea that something is giftedness until we further educate ourselves as to the particular traits that go with this special wiring.
Posts in the Series
I started things off with my story and then continued to add the other stories. I hope you find them encouraging!
The Key Was Understanding Twice-Exceptional (2e) – Sallie’s StoryWriting at Age 2 Wasn’t in the Baby Books – Kathleen’s StoryMissing the Gifted Overexcitabilities – Doresa’s StoryProfoundly Gifted is a Whole New Ballgame – Cait’s StoryEmbracing the Gifted Label – Renee’s StoryHighly Verbal But Not Reading In a Twice-Exceptional Child – Mary’s StoryParenting Multiple Gifted Children – Heather’s Story
Latest posts by Sallie Borrink (see all)
- The Life Lessons of Warren Wiersbe, Rachel Held Evans, and Those Falling Away by Deconstructing Their Faith - August 17, 2019
- Free Squirrels Word Search Printable - August 14, 2019
- Christ-Centered Homeschool Science In-Person Lab Intensives - August 13, 2019
- Free Printable Back to Homeschool Word Search - August 12, 2019