I like lots of different kinds of corn chowder. I like it thick and kind of smokey with potato chunks and bacon. Yum! This is a simpler kind that is easy to put together. I found this recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook called Comfort Food. This is my modified version of corn chowder with ham and red peppers.
Corn Chowder with Ham and Red Peppers
- 10 ounces of frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup (or more) chopped ham
- In a large saucepan, combine corn, water, peppers, onion, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until corn is tender. Do not drain.
- Stir together milk and flour. Stir into corn mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for one minute more.
- Stir in ham.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!
Don’t miss my A Quiet Simple Life Planner and Guidebook. It contains over 500 pages of printables, forms, calendars, inspiration, and ideas to help you create a cozy life full of peace, understanding, joy, beauty, and faith for you and your loved ones.