Welcome to A Quiet Simple Life!
I’ve created this beautiful, thought-provoking, helpful, and encouraging place for women who desire to increase their knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.
My degree is in Elementary Education, but my passion has always been writing and helping others find answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. Because of this passion, my site is full of:
- stories from my own life related to my quest for a quiet and simple life
- ideas for how to bring cozy to your home
- lots of homeschooling ideas, tips, insights, and resources
- thoughts on how to make big decisions in every part of life
- thinking out loud about issues of faith
Here are a few other miscellaneous things to know about me so you understand me a little better.
- My happy place is to sit by the fireplace and read.
- I’m an introvert who loves helping people.
- I’m saved by Jesus and of the Baptist persuasion.
- I’m a gifted woman with an intellectual overexcitability.
- I have Eosinophlic Esophagitis which has radically changed my life.
- I enjoy old-fashioned and traditional things.
David and I met online via AOL back in the days when no one knew anyone who had married someone they met online. We met and married in nine months to the shock of many. Twenty-six years later we’re still best friends and happily married. Not only that, we like each other enough to work together from home.
Caroline is sixteen years old and every bone in her body is filled with creativity and imagination. She especially enjoys painting, drawing, and computer games that allow her to use her creative skills. Caroline was a long-waited for child as we were married nine years before we discovered we were finally pregnant. We’ve progressed through an interesting journey with her as an only child, high need infant, highly-sensitive and spirited child, and now understanding after two rounds of testing (round one and round two) that she is a twice-exceptional gifted child.
My Homeschool Philosophy
I taught in a variety of schools including private, Christian, Classical Christian, and charter. My educational philosophy has
evolved a great deal radically changed, especially since becoming a mother to the creative, right brained child I have. Our homeschool approach is some form of parent-influenced, interest-led, collaborative relaxed homeschooling that borders on unschooling but isn’t.
Welcome! I look forward to getting better acquainted in the days ahead!